Where is modern civilization heading?

As a society are we heading in the same direction as the ancient Romans? If so the question becomes.......

Are our leaders fiddling while civilization burns?

While we ponder the question I will post my personal thoughts on this blog. Often I will focus on current events that catch my interest, however I am not and do not pretend to be a news organization. I'm simply a guy with his own thoughts on issues that I believe affect our country and society.

Be forewarned, I have been accused of being a right wing thinker and if that is offensive please move on. Remember, this is my blog and my opinions, and unlike many facets of our already over-governed modern society they are not being forced on anyone.


However, please feel free to leave your comments, good, bad or indifferent, after all this is a free society we live in (at least for now).

Friday, October 21, 2011

Occupy's 99%, Don't count me in on that!

I love the way the Occupy drones continuously preach that they represent the other "99% " of the population that falls outside of America's wealthiest 1% ( you know, the 1% of the population that pays close to 40% of the taxes). Funny thing is I fall into this 99% of the population and I have never given my permission to an Occupy drone to speak on my behalf. No fears, I don't feel slighted in the least as I want to be as far removed from these anarchists as possible. Many of them are no better than the hooligans that wear masks and riot at G20 conferences or after sporting events, there only aim is destruction. Unfortunately in the case of this movement the goal is pretty much destruction of a way of life that the vast majority of the "99%" (they continuously refer to) have actually come to enjoy.


In fact as each day passes and I watch the Occupy Drones carry on I have a sneaky suspicion that more and more of the "99%" want nothing to do with  the group and it's ramblings. Not only do they no identifiable cause, but they have become a lightning rod for some of the fringe groups and racists. Here are a couple of video clips of individuals that have found a common cause with the Occupy group

Just the "spokesperson" any group wants.
|
Its reassuring to think she is employed in education, isn't it?
|
Apparently, I should "shut the f**K up", hope he
doesn't find out I am a white man. So much for Freedom of Speech

Now, I am certainly not suggesting that every Occupy Drone is a racist, but lets face it this movement sure attracts this sort. Earlier this week  I blogged about the Occupy movement had garnered the full support of the American Nazi Party, maybe it's just a case of  "birds of a feather, flock together". I suspect that a lot of it has to do with the fact that this movement started pitting one group of Americans against another, based solely on personal wealth. The movement for all intents and purposes painted 1% of the population as being the "evil empire, and the sole reason for all the woes that have befallen on America and its people. The "party" line appears to be that its not fair that they have so much and you have so little. Naturally in drumming up support for their cause it never hurts to fan the flames of hatred, unfortunately hatred is not reserved for the poor against the rich. It comes in many forms and this group is attracting them all.

Hopefully, they will simply self implode and be nothing more than a footnote in the history books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at Dwindling Empire we welcome your comments. Although we ask that you refrain from profanity, sexist, racist, or comments of a sexual nature.

However you can poke fun at Frustrated Joe all you want, but we warn you if your going to disagree with him try to do so with some facts, this will garner you a lot more respect from everyone.
Greatly Appreciated