Where is modern civilization heading?

As a society are we heading in the same direction as the ancient Romans? If so the question becomes.......

Are our leaders fiddling while civilization burns?

While we ponder the question I will post my personal thoughts on this blog. Often I will focus on current events that catch my interest, however I am not and do not pretend to be a news organization. I'm simply a guy with his own thoughts on issues that I believe affect our country and society.

Be forewarned, I have been accused of being a right wing thinker and if that is offensive please move on. Remember, this is my blog and my opinions, and unlike many facets of our already over-governed modern society they are not being forced on anyone.


However, please feel free to leave your comments, good, bad or indifferent, after all this is a free society we live in (at least for now).

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Susan, Susan, Susan....Open Mouth, Insert Foot, ....Repeat as Neccessary

I blogged earlier this week about some of the individuals and groups that have shown their support for the Occupy movement. Individuals like Susan Sarandon, and groups like the American Nazi Party, or the Communist Party USA. At the time I suggested that "birds of a feather, flock together.

So I found it quite comical that while Susan seems to have no problem throwing her support into the Occupy movement and in doing so being associated with the American Nazi Party, she seems to have a great deal of disdain for Nazis when it comes to other walks of life. Here's a clip of Susan at her "best".....


I guess what Susan displays with her actions is that being a member of the "1%" does not necessarily mean that you are any more intelligent that most of the simpleton Occupy drones that are roaming the streets or sleeping in tents in our cities.

Don't get me wrong, Susan is entitled to her opinions just as we all are and I would never suggest it be any other way. Freedom of Speech either exists or it does not, it is black or white, the minute it becomes grey it no longer exists. Unfortunately what makes these simple minded celebrities so annoying and dangerous is the cameras that follow them and the media play they get. They are like a flame to a moth for the lemmings and Occupy Drones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at Dwindling Empire we welcome your comments. Although we ask that you refrain from profanity, sexist, racist, or comments of a sexual nature.

However you can poke fun at Frustrated Joe all you want, but we warn you if your going to disagree with him try to do so with some facts, this will garner you a lot more respect from everyone.
Greatly Appreciated